|2 April 10|
- Steve McIntyre has sent a final report closing his 2 years as DPL. Steve, we are grateful for all the work you did during the past two years!
- Debian Project Leader Elections 2010: After 3 intense weeks of electoral campaigning, the voting period started today. You can read the questions and answers from the DPL candidates in the archives of the debian-vote mailing list. The new DPL term will start on April 17th, 2010.
- ries.debian.org, the host behind ftp-master.debian.org, has suffered some grave hardware problems and it has been down for one week now. If you were wondering why there were no new packages in your upgrades, this is the reason.
This problem is actively being worked on, but until it is fixed, uploading new packages to the archive is not possible.
- The release team has sent a detailed update about the status of the transitions and release goals for Squeeze.
A freeze in late May/June might be possible, if people work hard on getting these transitions done. Read the email to see how you can help!
- There were no new Debian Developers in March.
- Some developers participated in the traditional April Fools’ Day jokes, see: the Canonical vs. SPI lawsuit in planet: initial post by Adrian von Bidder, followed by this post by Alexander Reichle-Schmehl; and the Intend to package (ITP) bugs:
ITP: jidanni — a natural intelligence to find many bugs
ITP: cpan — All possible perl modules you could ever need